NOTES ON NORMAN HARRIS JOHNSON AND JULIA PRICILLA MORRIS JOHNSON
Norman and Julia lived in Randolph County, North Carolina, moved to Davidson County to Jackson Hill, North Carolina, where they lived on a farm. They later moved to Denton, North Carolina, so their children could attend the Denton Academy. Norman went into the lumber business -- Johnson Lumber Company. He also owned a chicken farm and was a member of the Davidson County Board of Commissioners. He liked to fish. He and Julia were members of Methodist Protestant Church -- Now Central United Methodist Church in Denton. Julia was a Sunday school teacher. She enjoyed reading, writing, poetry, scrapbooks, and flower and vegetable gardens. Norman and Julia had affectionate names for one another: "Mr. Poppy" and "Julie," respectively. Norman named his son Herman Edwin Johnson after his brother Herman.
Norman and Julia Johnson ("Mr. Poppy" and Julie as they affectionately called each other) lived in Randolph Co for several years, later moving to Davidson Co and to Jackson Hill where they lived on a farm for about 14 years. They moved to Denton so their children could attend the Denton Academy. Norman went into the lumber business, Johnson Lumber Co and continued working in lumber business though no longer in business for himself, until he retired. He was a member of the Davidson Co Board of Commissioners, serving 2 terms, from 1918 to 1922. He also served on the Town Board of Commissioners from 1924 to 1926. Julia taught a Sunday School class for many years. They were both active in the church until their deaths. They are buried in the Denton Cemetary. They had 7 children, the 4 older children were born in Randolph Co. and the 3 younger ones in Davidson Co.